04 December 2009

Two from the Windshield...


Give Yourself Away
“Jesus said to them, ‘How many loaves do you have?’” ~Matthew 15: 34

Everyone has heard this story. Seven loaves and a few fish feed crowds of thousands with baskets full to spare. I usually interpret this gospel as a reminder that there is more than enough. God is boundless and likes to share. But my friend got me thinking about this story in another way. It is not just about God’s ability to do anything (even though he can). He could have fed the thousands without the seven loaves. But it says something about us that he would want us to participate in his miracles. That he would want us to give all we have even if the contribution looks pitiful compared to the need.


Love Letter
On this first day of December, I decided to give myself some advice, to let my smarter side speak kindly to my more panicky, frantic, worrisome self.

Dear Friend,
I know you doubt yourself and the world around you. You don’t have to. There’s enough time, talent, money and happiness to go around. Even when things don’t look like they are working out, trust that they are. Your big impossible dreams are closer than you think. So relax. Enjoy the holidays. And remember you are truly, deeply blessed.

Love,
Your Wiser Self

PS: Eat more vegetables and get some exercise.

VIA a GREAT blog

No comments: