28 March 2008

The shortest sermon...

An elderly priest shuffles to the ambo after the Gospel and says the following:

I have been a priest for a long time and have watched the world very closely during that time. I have come to three conclusions:

1) There are millions of homeless and starving people in the world today.

2) Most people don't give a damn that there are millions of homeless and starving people in the world today.

3) More of you are offended by the fact that I used the word "damn" from the pulpit than by the fact that there are millions of homeless and starving people in the world.

With that, he returned to his chair...

3 comments:

Athanasis Contra Mundum said...

Sad, yet so true.

Micki said...

Just found your blog and I am reading my way through it.
The shortest homily I ever heard
was 9 words.....he admitted that
he had to run to another church to
sub for an ill priest. He said...."Do good, avoid evil, remember the mercy of God."

Micki said...

PS.....Thanks for sharing my holy card..."Our Lady of Good Humor"