21 January 2008

Where "Faith" is a verb, not a noun...

From Steel at http://www.buffalorising.com/

This story started out as just another "look at this great building" story. My recent one-day journey through the East Side had brought me past many magnificent structures, many of them possibly facing sad futures as the Catholic Church embarks on a massive consolidation. The Sunday I was there, this church, St. Luke's was locked up with no one around. I assumed at the time that this was simply another grand Catholic church facing closure (if it had not already been shuttered). As I researched this piece I quickly realized that the story I needed to write was much bigger than architecture. The story became so big that it demanded two chapters. (more...)
and (St. Luke's Website)

No comments: