30 November 2007

Well, isn't it?

Glinda:

Yes - We couldn't be happier,
Right, dear?
Couldn't be happier
Right here
Look what we've got: A fairy-tale plot
Our very own happy ending!

Where we couldn't be happier
True, dear?
Couldn't be happier
And we're happy to share our ending vicariously with all of you

We couldn't be happier because happy is what happens
When all your dreams come true!
That's why I couldn't be happier
No, I couldn't be happier

Though it is, I admit, the tiniest bit
Unlike I anticipated
But I couldn't be happier
Simply couldn't be happier
Well - not "simply"
'Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost

There are bridges you cross
you didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still - With this perfect finale,
The cheers and ballyhoo
Who Wouldn't be happier?

So I couldn't be happier
Because happy is what happens
When all your dreams come true
Well, isn't it?

No comments: